09 August, 2010

Lacy top = instant gratification



For this super-quick project I turned back to Jalie 2805.  Considering that I made it a few times already, this morning's project was all the quicker for not having to start by tracing a pattern.   Since the rayon tees I'd made before seem to have grown over the few washes and wears, I took a 5/8" bite out of the SA while serging, and this improved the fit nicely, though it's still very loose in the waist. Just to be a little different, I shortened the sleeves to bracelet length and the hem by 2 cm.

The fabric's some sort of poly-lycra stretch "lace" with rayon embroidery, another freebie from Fabric Mart. 


I intended this top as casual wear, but the pics suggest it has enough coverage to be suitable - with a jacket - for work wear.

4 comments:

  1. Way cute, and pretty fabulous for a freebie! It's nice to see you back - and it looks like you had a great trip with good shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Jalie patterns! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific top. I love the fabric. Gorgeous! It will dress up, or down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another great version of your Jalie top! So are you back from traveling now or are you pitstopping?!

    ReplyDelete