15 February, 2011

Up, up and away!

The time has come....
...to put away...
...my sewing machines...
...my serger...
...my fabrics...
...my patterns...
...my Burda magazines...
...and return all my unconventional sewing aids (chopsticks, toothpics, the rolling pin, and the like) to their rightful place in the home...

Yesterday I made three workout tops. Today I pack. And tomorrow?



How did my self-clothed deployment project turn out?  With the exception of pj's and hats, I made pretty much everything on my list.  I BOUGHT only a suitably mud-coloured convertible winter/raincoat and one pair of gym shorts - but neither of these were on my list to begin with. 

I leave you with the trailer for Kandahar (2001), a superb Canadian-made movie that predates the current conflict, but instead shows an expat woman's perspective of her country after the Afghan-Soviet war. Highly, highly recommended.

5 comments:

  1. Oh exciting!!! We'll miss your sewing, but wish you the best of luck! Pop in and let us know how you are doing on occasion, will you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that getting together on Sunday didn't work out. Best of luck. Stay safe. Try not to get too bored. I sure hope your deployment wardrobe works as planned. You will definitely be the best-dressed person in the place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you a safe journey, a safe stay and a safe return home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Safe journey. I hope you'll be able to share some photos of your wardrobe in action when you return!

    ReplyDelete