08 June, 2010

Regretfully remiss

Aka caught up in my so-called life. 

Let's face it - there are times for hobbies and there are times for life. This summer's one for the latter. My black (yes finished and yet to be photographed) Burplicity jacket hasn't even been worn (thank you, Madame Early Summer, for that!), but my sewing schedule's been swamped by a deluge of other obligs. You know how I asserted sewing is soft materials engineering?  well, this summer's being consumed by rather larger scale hard materials engineering, for which I'm also the main mover & shaker around here.   This isn't a complaint, and neither is it a brag. Just a fact of life - sometimes shelving and fencing (not of the rapier wit kind) along with splashes and dashes of paint, not to mention a good dose of sandpaper all round (breathe deep, but do it  through a face mask!) can be almost as satisfying as that trench coat I WANT and NEED and am NOT going to make this weekend.  Have a great stitchin' summer, ladies! Come September (or October?) I shall return.

Digs.

No comments:

Post a Comment