11 July, 2011

Civvies get medals too!

I feel honoured to have received it from our Commander himself. 
This is actually a sewing-related post!  For the ceremony I picked my "almost-camo" outfit, which consists of wide leg trousers and matching bias-cut tank top (seen peeking out from beneath the jacket) in a very soft, loose weave linen (Fabricland), and the Vogue 1036 Today's Fit Betzina jacket in a cross-weave tan-peach linen (Gorgeous Fabrics).  You already saw the jacket on a coat hanger here.  Colour-wise, this is the closest I have to our Canadian combat fatigues, and it generally blends in beautifully with the local colour scheme, not to mention the locals:

Blending into the local scenery
On an average day (which is every day - think Groundhog Day - each day is just like the one before)  I can be exuberantly colourful:

The Last BBQ at TFK HQ
Again, wide leg trousers and a tank top covered by a lightweight, unlined jacket, all in linen. 

Our combat mission is now over, and I too shall be coming home. Soon.  Hello, my beautiful green Ottawa!!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I'm glad all that mad preparatory linen sewing worked out so well. You look very chic and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, well! Nice medal; nice adoring young men (or just thirsty perhaps?); and very nice "camo" outfit. You look fabulous as usual. Ottawa is green today, and humid (but not Afghanistan-hot). See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the medal! Love your zebra print "camos."

    ReplyDelete