24 March, 2010

In the Trenches

Even up here in the Great White North we're rapidly running out of winter.  My beloved shade garden has been snow-free for a week, the front is abloom with snowdrops, and irises, daffodils, tulips and daylilies are in a mad upward race.  I'm loving it.

During our mini-heatwave last week, many of my co-commuters traded their parkas for trench coats.  Some are hanging on to them still, despite the fact that the weather's cooled down again. I HAVE a trench coat - though it's pretty old it's still a very nice one, in a dark teal jewel tone techno fabric, fully lined, long against the rains, double breasted, and nice and loose - just how I like it. So I don't really NEED a new one - but I'd dearly love to HAVE one. A classic taupe. Shorter, more fitted, neutral-coloured . Yes yes yes, I have the fabric(s), the lining, the pattern(s).  I'm like the donkey who dies of starvation because he can't decide which carrot will be tastier. 

While I decide if/when to make one, I browse Burberry's Art of the Trench.  Go see it - every size, colour, and shape. Fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not giving up my trenchcoat either! I'm just wearing a sweater under it! I'm clicking my heels 3x and whispering, there's nuthin like spring! There's nuthin like spring! It's gotta come right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one with the flounce from Burda 08-2009.

    ReplyDelete